日本財団 図書館

共通ヘッダを読みとばす


Top > 産業 > 運輸.交通 > 成果物情報

The Northern Sea Route The Shortest sea route linking East Asia and Europe

 事業名 基盤整備
 団体名 シップ・アンド・オーシャン財団  


3. Natural Conditions in the NSR

 

3.1 Natural Conditions in the Arctic

The natural conditions prevailing in the NSR are utterly different from those anywhere else in the world where commercial shipping is conducted, with the possible exceptions of the Bay of Bothnia, the Gulf of St. Lawrence and the Great Lakes. Accordingly, ship design and construction, observation of ice conditions, navigation support systems and navigation plans must always carefully reflect the natural conditions both at sea and on land. Needless to say, the Arctic is also vitally important in terms of the earth's environment; any human activity in the region, including navigation, must presume a careful understanding of the nature of the Arctic, meticulous environmental impact assessment, and a comprehensive response to that assessment.

 

3.1.1 Physiography of the Arctic Ocean

The Arctic Ocean consists of a deep ocean basin, submarine ridges, continental shelves, and marginal plateaus. Five major epicontinental seas, the Barents, Kara, Laptev, East Siberian, and Chukchi seas, are located on the broad European and Siberian continental shelves. The Arctic Ocean is a sea with an area of 14 million square kilometers surrounded by the continents of Eurasia and North America and the vast island of Greenland. The Scandinavian Peninsula is separated from Greenland by a distance of 1,400km, which contains a deep abyssal plain 3,500m deep. The eastern end of this part of the Arctic Ocean, which abuts the North Atlantic Ocean, is called the Sea of Norway, while its western end is known as the Sea of Greenland. The Arctic Ocean opens to the North Pacific Ocean through the narrow passage of the Bering Strait, an 80km gap between the continents of Eurasia and North America. The Bering Strait is extremely shallow, being no deeper than 60m at its deepest point. The strait between Greenland and Ellesmere Island in Canada's Arctic Archipelago is roughly 20km wide and extends to a depth of 500m. This body of water leads through Baffin Bay and Davis Strait to the North Atlantic Ocean.

In the center of the Arctic Ocean, a deep abyssal plain stretches out 4,000m below the surface of the ocean, with its deepest point extending 5,440m below sea level. The seabed that extends from the northern tip of Greenland across the North Pole to the Novosibirskiye Ostrova (Islands) of Russia features a ridge called the Romonosov Ridge, which divides the Alaska side of the ocean from the European side. Other ridges lie roughly parallel on either side of the Romonosov Ridge. The ridge on the Northern European side of the Romonosov Ridge is called the Arctic Mid-oceanic Ridge (or Nansen-Gakkel Ridge), and the ridge on the Canadian side is named the Alpha Ridge. Approximately 70% of the Arctic Ocean is over 1,000m deep; the remaining 30% consists of a broad continental shelf. The European-Siberian continental shelf extends far into the Arctic, while the North American continental shelf is much narrower. The Beaufort and Lincoln Seas include areas over 1,000m deep.

 

022-1.gif

The Arctic Ocean

 

 

 

BACK   CONTENTS   NEXT

 






サイトに関するご意見・ご質問・お問合せ   サイトマップ   個人情報保護

日本財団会長笹川陽平ブログはこちら

日本財団図書館は、日本財団が運営しています。

  • 日本財団 THE NIPPON FOUNDATION



ランキング
注目度とは?
成果物アクセスランキング
975位
(33,747成果物中)

成果物アクセス数
10,924

集計期間:成果物公開〜現在
更新日: 2021年9月11日

関連する他の成果物

1.平成12年度 技術開発基金による研究開発報告書
2.欧州におけるショピング・ファイナンス調査
3.欧州船舶管理会社の調査-船舶管理の観点からの舶用機器メーカーの目指すべき方向の検討-
4.インドネシアにおける造船用資機材調達の現状及び将来に関する調査
5.米国造船業の集約化に関する調査
6.東南アジア造船関連レポート19
7.ポーランド造船業の現状と展望
8.欧州における舶用工業企業の合併・買収に係る調査
9.米国における軍事技術の舶用工業への転化の実態・調査報告書
10.米国海運業(貨物輸送)のM&Aに関する調査報告書
11.豪州の海洋レジャー産業の現状
12.ジョーンズ・アクトに関する調査報告書(米国の内航海運等保護制度)
13.米国における海賊対策等に関する調査報告書
14.新世代のRoPaxが欧州市場に及ぼす影響
15.欧州における主機関の動向調査?ディーゼルエンジン・ガスタービン
16.中国造船業の概況
17.アジア市場におけるアセアンフェリー導入支援調査
18.環境にやさしい船舶と舶用機械設計の実際に関する調査報告書
19.米国における舶用エンジンからの排ガス規制に関する実態調査
20.東南アジア造船関連レポート20
21.タイ国におけるモーダルシフトに伴う新規造船需要に関する調査報告書
22.東南アジア・オセアニア地域海事事情調査
23.定期メンテナンスのお知らせパンフレット
  [ 同じカテゴリの成果物 ]


アンケートにご協力
御願いします

この成果物は
お役に立ちましたか?


とても役に立った
まあまあ
普通
いまいち
全く役に立たなかった


この成果物をどのような
目的でご覧になりましたか?


レポート等の作成の
参考資料として
研究の一助として
関係者として参照した
興味があったので
間違って辿り着いただけ


ご意見・ご感想

ここで入力されたご質問・資料請求には、ご回答できません。






その他・お問い合わせ
ご質問は こちら から