of the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications and the Ministry of Home Affairs.
3) AM radio facilities
Same as 2).
4) Removal of obstacles to receiving TV waves in big cities
Municipalities temporarily build the facilities to remove unspecified obstacles obstructing receipt of TV waves in big cities.
(2) Support Grant
A support grant is provided to local governments.
7. Local authorities personal computer network system
The Ministry of Home Affairs has inaugurated NIPPON-Net with the host computer situated in the Local Government Information Centre, to store, exchange and supply administrative information. More local governments are expected to participate in this network, NIPPON-Net provides a database service named LINCLS (Local Government Information Clearing Service System) and an information exchange environment named PCOLAS (Personal Computer Communication for Local Authorities Scheme).
The following information is collected by national and local governments, local government-related organizations, news media and publishers and provided through LINCLS.
1) administrative information
2) information on regional revitalization
3) international exchange information
4) information on government information system
5) information on information network system
6) private business information
7) latest information on administration, laws and events
Ministries, agencies, local governments, local administrative agencies, etc., can exchange information by the following functions using PCOLAS.