(3) Essay in the June, 1997 edition of the journal The CIS Oil and Natural Gas Plant Market, "What investors are waiting for in eastern Siberia" (in Japanese)
6. Miscellaneous Source Data
Other related source data are as follows.
(2) Morphometric Characteristics of Ice and Snow in the Arctic Basin (152p.)
Romanov, I.P., 1993, St. Petersburg
(3) Ice Cover of the Arctic Basin (192p.)
Romanov, I.P., 1994, St. Petersburg
(4) Atlas of Ice and Snow of the Arctic Basin and Siberian Shelf Seas (277p.)
(5) Atlas of Arctic Icebergs (70p.)
(6) Northern Sea Route Directory of Icebreaking Ships, 1994-1995, (217p.)
(7) Transport Canada-Ship Safety Northern Region Reference Regulations (312p.)
(10) Arctic Pollution Issues:
A state of the Arctic Environment Report (188p.)
AMAP : Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme, Oslo 1997.
(11) National Security and International Environmental Cooperation
In the Arctic - the Case of the Northern Sea Route (367p.)
Prof. Willy Ostreng, Oslo 1999.
(12) Chukchi Sea
Oil & Gas Lease Sale 126, Final Environmental Impact Statement
Volume I, II. 1991
MMS: U.S. Department of the Interior Minerals Management Service
Alaska OCS Region
(13) IASC Project Catalogue 1998
The International Arctic Science Committee (44p.)
7. Web Sites for the Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute of Russia
Although properly this does not belong in a list of source data, one of the results of this project is the launch of a searchable website of the data possessed by AARI. The publication of the data in this form is of significant benefit to anyone interested in the NSR.
Note: Due to limitations on the communication infrastructure in Russia, this site may be unavailable at certain times.
A part of AARI's Arctic ice data is published on this site.
A great deal of historical information is available, analysis of satellite data for navigational purposes. The historical information has been incorporated into INSROP GIS, and the analytical results are in the process of being updated, so that the most recent information can be made available.