SKY ANGEL 52,549-dwt Handymax Bulk Carrier
The 52,549-dwt bulk carrier SKY ANGEL was delivered to Diamond Camellia S.A.of Panama in January 2001 at the Mizushima Works and Shipyard of Sanoyas Hishino Meisho Corporation.
The bulk carrier is the sixth vessel of the 52,000-dwt type handymax bulk carrier series developed by Sanoyas.
1. The cargo space is divided into five cargo holds with topside tanks and hopper bottoms; its bulk carrier structure affords efficient cargo stowage.
2. Cargo carrying capacity is increased by maximizing deadweight and hold capacity.
3. Hydraulic, motor-driven, end-folding hatch covers are used, and hatch openings are maximized to facilitate cargo handling. All cargo hatches are more than twenty meters long for efficient handling of long-size steel cargoes.
4. The vessel is a flush decker with forecastle and equipped with four electro-hydraulic driven 25-ton deck cranes.
The design allows a variety of cargoes to be handled, including grain, ore, coal and steel products.
5. Fixed CO2 fire extinguishing system for cargo holds is provided to carry cargoes with fire hazards.
Length (o.a.) ... 189.90 m
Length (b.p.) ... 182.00 m
Breadth (mld.) ... 32.26 m
Depth (mld.) ... 17.10 m
Draft (mld.) ... 12.019 m
Gross tonnage ... 29,364
Deadweight ... 52,549 MT
Main engine ... DU-SULZER 6RTA48T
MCR ... 10,500 PS x 118 rpm
NOR ... 8,930 PS x 111.8 rpm
Speed (service) ... abt. 14.5 knots
Complement ... 25
Classification ... NK
Handling gear ... 25 T x 24 MR x 4 sets
Loading capacity (grain) ... 66,597 m3
(bale) ... 64,545 m3