IBUKISAN 275,000-dwt Double-Hull VLCC
Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. (MES) delivered the 275,000-dwt oil tanker, IBUKISAN, built at its Chiba Works to her owner Asian Tank S. A. in September 2000.
The vessel is the fourth double-hull VLCC built by MES.
1. To prevent oil pollution due to collision or grounding, cargo and ballast tank arrangements satisfy MARPOL regulation 13F.
2. Cargo tank area is divided into five cargo oil center tanks, five pairs of cargo wing tanks, a pair of slop tanks and five pairs of water ballast tanks which consist of double sides and double bottoms.
3. Safety features of the double-hull are:
・high structural reliability achieved with NK DATA
・hydrocarbon detecting system and inerting / purging gas system in double hull spaces
・walkways under upper deck in water ballast tanks for easy inspection.
4. Energy saving items are:
・hull form with bulbous bow and stern frame line contribution to low resistance
・low fuel oil consumption type main engine Mitsui-MAN B&W 8S80MC with derated service
・F.O. shifter for less F.O. tank heating energy
5. Man-power saving items are:
・CCS (Central Control Station) with cargo console and engine console is arranged on Navigation Bridge Deck.
・valves in cargo and ballast lines remotely controlled from cargo console
・cargo oil and COW pumps remotely controlled and monitored from cargo console on bridge
・hose handling cranes controlled by one man
・engine room automation system complies with NK M0
・ central cooling water system for less maintenance.
6. Environment protection method is:
・incinerator complies with MARPOL ANNEX VI (Req. 13&16)
Length (o.a.) ... 333.00 m
Length (b.p.) ... 318.00 m
Breadth (mld.) ... 60.00 m
Depth (mld.) ... 30.33 m
Draft (mld.) ... 19.21 m
Gross tonnage ... 160,079
Deadweight ... 274,985 MT
Main engine ... Mitsui MAN B&W 8S80MC
MCR ... 34,100 PS x 68 rpm
NOR ... 28,990 PS x 64.4 rpm
Speed (max. trial) ... 18.2 knots
(service) ... 16.3 knots
Complement ... 30
Classification ... NK
Handling gear ... 20 T x 15 m/min. x 2 sets
Cargo pump ... 5,000 m3/h x 3 sets
Loading capacity (tank) ... 339,900 m3