SEIUN MARU Training Ship
The training ship SEIUN MARU was delivered to Institute for Sea Training (IST), Japan's Ministry of Transport by Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd. in October 1997.
SEIUN MARU is used for on-board training for cadets from national universities, colleges and schools of merchant marine and is also used for making researches and development of high-technology in the field of ship operation.
In addition to the above, the ship is destined to carry out on-board training for overseas trainees as part of the nation's international cooperation scheme.
1. One set of bow thruster and a high rift rudder are installed to achieve good maneuverability.
2. One set of fin stabilizer is provided for safety operation in rough sea.
3. One set of slow speed long stroke diesel engine and one controllable pitch propeller are installed.
4. Sophisticated educational facilities are arranged/provided to carry out efficient education and training. (the lecture theater, exercise-rooms, sports dome, and so on)
5. An inboard Local Area Network is provided to enhance efficient education and training and also to be utilized for investigation and research purposes in collecting and processing operational and/or experimental data by the actual ship's movement.
6. SEIUN MARU satisfies "the Code of Safety for Special Purpose Ships".