CORREGIDOR Lighthouse/Buoy Tender
The 56.9-m long lighthouse/buoy tender CORREGIDOR was completed by Niigata Engineering Co., Ltd. on March 2, 1998, and delivered to its owner, the Department of Transportation and Communications of the Government of the Republic of the Philippines, on the same day.
1. The vessel is equipped with a SWL 20-ton derrick boom used for placing and collecting fairway buoys.
2. Work space for buoy handling is arranged from the midship to the bow, where three fairway buoys are placed and the layout allows for placement and retrieval of buoys from either side of the hull.
3. Large cargo holds together with fuel and potable water tanks are provided under deck so that the ship may carry supplies necessary for the maintenance of lighthouses.
4. It has twin propellers, twin rudders and bow thruster to facilitate maneuvering during buoy handling work.
5. The vessel's life saving and fire extinguishing equipment conform to SOLAS regulations to ensure safe operation in the coastal waters of the Philippines where it is deployed.
6. The vessel is fitted with the state-of-the-art nautical equipment so that it can precisely pinpoint the location of fairway buoys.