VERMILION EXPRESS 84,999-dwt Product Oil Carrier
The 84,999-dwt product oil carrier VERMILION EXPRESS was delivered to Red Empress Navigation S.A. and Twilight Shipping S.A. in January, 1999 at Imari Works of Namura Shipbuilding Co., Ltd.
1. The vessel is one of the biggest product oil carriers in Japan so called the "LR-II" and able to carry three different types of oils with 12 cargo tanks, two slop tanks and one residual tank.
2. Double-hull and -bottom in construction in compliance with U.S. Oil pollution Act of 1990.
3. Has achieved superior propulsive performance due to the hull form developed based on Namura's latest technology and long experience.
4. The long-stroke, low-revolution and fuel-efficient main engine drives a large diameter propeller for improved propulsive efficiency.
5. Special consideration was given to safety, safeguards against environmental pollution, labor saving and operational economy.