New Rules for Involvement in Local Government Affairs
(1) Establishment of criteria and procedures for the involvement of national government in the affairs of prefectures, and of national government and prefectures in the affairs of municipalities
(2) Abolition or reduction of individual cases of involvement
(3) Establishment of procedures for the handling of disputes between national government and local authorities
・Basic Principles of Involvement
(1) Principle of the rule of law
Involvement shall require a foundation in law or a government ordinance based on law.
(2) Principle of the rule of general law
Stipulation of the general rules of involvement in the Local Autonomy Law.
Involvement shall be kept to the minimum required to achieve the objective and shall take into consideration the autonomy and independence of local authorities.
(3) Principles of fairness and transparency
With regard to procedures relating to involvement, documents shall be served, screening criteria for permits, certificates, etc. shall be established, standard processing periods shall be fixed, and the involvement shall be publicly announced.
・Basic Types of Involvement, etc.
The right of general command in delegated duty work shall be abolished, and involvement shall be kept to the minimum necessary in line with the basic types.